Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Several years experience in both smartphone setup and sales.
30759776

I need some help with transferring everything on my old

Customer Question

i need some help with transferring everything on my old Iphone to the computer so I can transfer it back to my new Iphone. My phone was dunked into the water this weekend but it comes on when I plug it in... can I still retrieve the information from it ?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
I am the person that will be helping you today.
If the phone is still functional, you can back up the contents to the computer. If the phone is not functional, you can still copy a backup of the iPhone that was saved on the computer at an earlier time.
- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Plug the old iPhone into the computer.
- Open iTunes.
- In iTunes, right click the icon for your iPhone and choose Backup.
- Once the backup is complete, unplug the old iPhone and plug in the new iPhone.
- Once that is complete, right click the iPhone listing in the left panel of the iTunes window.
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.
Now your iPhone will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.
I look forward to your next message below or your rating on the top of this page (choosing of number of Stars and clicking the Submit button)
Please, do not forget to rate my help on this page.
Thank you again,
- Jason