Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

Iphone 5 is disabled connect to itunes - do not want to

Customer Question

iphone 5 is disabled connect to itunes - do not want to reset factory settings
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

I'm really sorry about your iPhone. Someone has tried to access your iPhone by entering incorrect passcodes for multiple times and that is why it is disabled. Unfortunately there is no NO way to enable it back without restoring it to factory settings. This is how Apple designed to protect the information of their users. No one can fix this without restoring the iPhone. Even if you take it to the Apple Store, they will not be able to enable it back without losing your files. When it is disabled, everything is already lost.

If you want to use the iPhone again, then your only option is force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it.

But if you had backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same Apple account you used on it.

Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.

First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.

Open iTunes application on your computer.

On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.

After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.

Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take a while to restore it.

After restoring, select Restore from iCloud. If there is any backup on iCloud, you will get your data back.

Please let me know if that didn't work, so I will continue to help you until we fix the problem.

If you are not satisfied with the answer, please don't rate me bad or poor. I can only tell you the truth. If there is a way to fix it without restoring, I would tell it to you. But there isn't any unfortunately.