Law Educator, Esq., Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney experienced in commercial litigation.
10285032

My iphone, which I purchased at an AT&T store, is not

Customer Question

My iphone, which I purchased at an AT&T store, is not working properly. I spoke to a man named Jacob at AT&T, who confirmed that the phone is missing software. I have been to the AT&T store in Falmouth ,MA, where I purchased the phone, and the store in Cambridge, MA, neither of whom examined the phone or made any attempt to assist me. I was told that the phone is fine, which it is not. My passwords and security questions have been changed at websites I visited with the iphone. I would like to get this fixed, ASAP
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why did AT&T sell me what appears to have been a used phone, out of the box, saleswoman brought it out in her hand, and claim it was new? Why won't they erase the software and reinstall, which seems like an easy fix?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
PS Apple case###-##-#### your link which is in the email I received, does not work.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Why are all my credit cards being declined for this transaction? ***@******.***
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello? Anyone there, reading this?
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.

Is your question a technical question about the phone or a legal issue about your legal recourse?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Technical question about the phone

Thank you and I apologize for the delay as I will have to move this to our cell phone experts.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is clearly a MA 93A VIOLATION, AN UNFAIR OR DECEPTIVE ACT OR PRACTICE ON THE PART OF A BUSINESS TOWARDS A CONSUMER. WHY THE DELAY?

I am sorry, but I asked you specifically if you had a legal or technical question. You said technical, so I asked for the question to be moved to one of our experts who deals with smartphones. You do not have to yell at me as I was offering to help.

If you would like to discuss your rights under 93A and breach of contract, I would be happy to do that and that is why I asked you in the beginning because I was prepared to do that for you, but you indicated you wanted a tech answer about the phone and not a discussion of your rights under MA law.

If you would be so kind as to let us know which you want so we can try to get the right expert to help you we will be glad to do so.