Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

When I 'backed up' everything on my Samsung Galaxy Mini

Customer Question

When I 'backed up' everything on my Samsung Galaxy Mini S5570 to my computer for future transferral to a new Nokia Lumia 630 the following files came across:-
.android_secure
Android
bluetooth
data
DCIM
LOST.DIR
media
Pictures
Sounds
viber
.profig.os
Can you please tell me in which of the above I would find the telephone numbers which are stored on the phone rather that on the SD card?
Thank you,
Alan Gray
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi Alan and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
None of the files or folders you mentioned contain your phone numbers. To save your phone numbers to a file, you have to export them from Contacts application.
Open Contacts app on your Galaxy phone, tap the options button and tap Import/Export. Then export to your SD Card or phone memory and you will get a vCard or vcf file. That file contains all your contacts.
If you sync the contacts with Gmail, then you can just add the Gmail account to your Lumia and the contacts will be transferred automatically.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.