Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Engineer
Experience:  25+ Years Experience in Computers and Electronics. Smartphone Expert.
23511658

Blackberry Playbook ---Access to browser fails

Customer Question

Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 1 year ago.

Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question.

This could be due to a software update on the BlackBerry. Did you notice if it updated recently? The first thing I would try doing is completely restarting the phone and even taking the battery out temporarily so you can make sure that it completely restarts. Sometimes after a software update, the BlackBerry browser will fail to resolve host names because it does not get the correct DNS server settings. But restarting it like this will ensure that does have the correct settings. If it still does not work, it may be an issue with your provider. If you have email set up on your blackberry, do you still receive that? Also, when the browser fails do you get a specific error message?