ElectronicsPete
ElectronicsPete, Engineer
Experience:  Electronic Engineer
30970729

Does the Black berry bold keep track of or store a log of

Customer Question

Does the Black berry bold keep track of or store a log of every time you log into the phone using password?
Also is there a way to retrieve any deleted texts?
Category: Smartphones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 1 year ago.
Hello, I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
Yes, pressing Alt LGLG shows the Event Log, which tracks events on your BlackBerry..
To access your Event Log, go to your Home Screen, hold down the ALT key and then type "LGLG." The Event Log will then appear, and you can click a specific event for more information or hit your BlackBerry MENU key more options. You can copy event information using the MENU key and tailor your settings to log only specific types of events.
You can also free up some valuable device memory to help your device run faster by clearing your Event Log.
You can retrieve deleted texts using "Device Seizure". First, you will need to install the software on a computer:
https://www.paraben.com/device-seizure.html
1. Create a new case in Device Seizure with File | New.
2. Give the case a name and fill in any desired information about the case on the next two screens. The third screen is a summary of the data entered. If all data is correct click Next and then Finish.
3. You are now ready to acquire the phone. Go to Tools | Data Acquisition.
4. You are prompted for the supported manufacturer. Select RIM Blackbery (Physical).
5. Leave supported models at the default selection of autodetect.
6. Connection type should be set to USB.
7. For data type selection select Logical Image (Databases).
8. Confirm your selections on the summary page and click Next to start the acquisition.
Now wait until the program is done acquiring data from the device (around 30-45 minutes).