Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

I had to have a new screen put on my I6. Now the touch ID no

Customer Question

I had to have a new screen put on my I6. Now the touch ID no longer works. I've tried resetting the finger print this but it won't let me . Can you help?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.

I am sorry this happened. You will need to determine if this is a firmware or hardware issue. This could be a glitch in the firmware and the iPhone needs to be restored.

• The only option to rule out the firmware in the iPhone will be a factory restore.
  • The process for restoring an iPhone begins by wiping the iPhone, which puts it into the same clean state it was when you first got it out of the box.
  • But before you take this step, you must make sure your iPhone has been backed up to the iCloud.
  • You can verify your iCloud backup by going into the iPhones settings and choosing iCloud from the menu.
  • In the iCloud settings, choose Storage and Backup. This will take you to a screen that will display the last time the iPhone was backed up to iCloud.
  • Once you verify the backup, you are ready to begin the process. You will start by erasing all data and settings from the iPhone, which puts it into a clean state,
  • Go to General from the Settings icon. . Scroll all the way down in the General settings until you see "Reset".
  • From this menu, choose "Erase All Content and Settings".
  • Once this complete, go through the initial set up and then choose to restore from a backup, you will be taken to a screen where you can choose from your last backup.