Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Q10 says that I have the latest software version

Customer Question

My Q10 says that I have the latest software version [10.3.2.440] but yet the Link says there is a newer version [10.3.2.556]. I continue to receive an e-mail "Software Updates" that tell me I need 10.3.2.440 but that the update is "paused" because I need to be connected to Wi-Fi [which I don't want as I can download from my PC and prefer to do so].
Help, please.
Joe *********
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I cannot find a newer version for Blackberry Q10 software, than the two version #s you have already stated:
http://us.blackberry.com/support/smartphones/blackberry-q10/software-updates.html
seems to have a link on it to
http://ca.blackberry.com/software/smartphones/update/blackberry10-os.html?IID=ca:bb:Desktop:BB10-os:Jan2014:UpdateBB10to10.2_Gettheupdate
which says it has the method to update to the latest version.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Russell:My situation has not been resolved. I continue to receive a message that says there is a Software Release 10.3.2.440 that is being downloaded but has been "paused" and then the following message:"Update Paused. You are connected to AT&T. This software update is too large to be downloaded over this network. Please use a Wi-Fi network instead."I don't want to use a Wi-Fi network [would probably consider doing to if I knew how to load it] but Blackberry Link through my PC has program software download capabilities that I use on a regular basis.The buggabear is that my Blackberry Link and my Blackberry Q10 both say I have the current software [10.3.2.556] but yet its that same Link says that program [10.3.2.440] is available and must be downloaded [ update in progress] . . . which generates the annoying message.You're welcome to call me if you wish. Thanks in advance for your help.Joe
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

To clarify and make sure: *Does* the Blackberry actually have 10.3.2.556 on it, at present? as opposed to what the software says.

I suggest that you try this:

1. uninstall the Blackberry Link software (provided you have a reinstall source)

2. restart your computer

3. reinstall the BlackBerry Link software after that.

That may reinitialize the connection, or the upgrade status, or whatever it was that went wrong, and clear up the apparent deadlock. Provided that you follow instructions when you try to do the update again, to the letter... lest the situation somehow repeat itself through an 'operator error'... I'm just trying to cover all possible sources of this bothersome error condition, and propose that we go at it cautiously and carefully.