flopcat98
flopcat98, consultant
Experience:  expert in all computer systems including android and apple phones and tablets
23372949

I need assistance in regaining service

Customer Question

I need assistance in regaining service
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  AnserGuy81 replied 1 year ago.

Welcome to Justanswer.com, my nae is Dustin and I will do my best to assist you.

To start with, I need to know who the account was with where your having problems accessing your old account?

Facebook, Twitter, Gmail.com, AOl.com, Yahoo.com, etc ?

Also, are you trying to access that account from a phone, tablet, Windows computer or a Mac ?

Thank you for your response,

Dustin S.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Last evening when answering a call from one of my four contacts, my service was lost. When I attempted to re-establish my service, I was request to open an account. I tried doing so with my original account name with no success. I then tried a new name
and was successful, my contacts listing was not recoverable. Now, I may have two different accounts and probably have foul everything up. I need help since it has taken several attempts to get this far.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.

what type of servicd are we talking about ? phone ? skype ? magicjack? some sort of web video calling ?

from what company ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Skype
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.
you wont be able to make a new account with the old name
you should be able to just log into the old account on skype
if you are using a phone or tablet try just restarting the device
if that does not work go to settings->accounts
select the skype account and hold it and it should show the id and password
put those in again or delete the account and put it back with the same id and password ***** had before
if you are using a computer
click on skype on the menu
hit signout
then log in again with your old skype id and password
if it wont accept your password
go to this link
https://login.skype.com/recovery
enter the email address you used with that id and it will send you instructions for resetting the password
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
We seem to be going in circles. My initial Skype was john c. corley. When I starting having problems, I attempted to login with that entry name and a message came up requesting me open a new account. I did so using john c. corley1 which it accepted finally. However, my contacts did not appear. I need the contact names so I can call them.
Expert:  flopcat98 replied 1 year ago.
you can not do it that way. whatever you read saying you had to make a new account you misunderstood.
making a new account gives you a blank account. contacts will not be transferred.
you can either attempt to get back into the old account using the password *****
or you can manually re add your old contacts if you know their skype names.