Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I have a new iPhone 6 and somehow it backed up to my daughters

Customer Question

I have a new iPhone 6 and somehow it backed up to my daughters iPhone's last backup on my macair.....she said she hasn't used that iCloud account in years and does not know the password ***** the associated email.....how can i get control of my phone again.....i tried to reset it all the way and it still prompts me to log into her iCloud account...i tried to delete her account and it won't let me without her password....
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there and welcomeTo do this you will have to reset the iPhone, there is no other way to remove this. To do the reset Connect the phone to the computer and open itunes Hold the power and home button down until you see "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode..." Click Restore Phone, let this complete and it should now work Let me know the results please Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

when i do it on my phone it just turns my phone off and on

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
you need to hold the home and power button at the same time for the message to come up, while it is connected to iTunes.If this is an iPhone it will work. Can you retry please I can see you are a first time user to the site. What we do here is either a question and answer type of conversation or remote support where I would actually connect to the computer and have a look and attempt to fix the problem for you. Remote support can save a lot of time if you are not comfortable performing repairs yourself. Sometimes even with instructions you can make a mistake and make things worse. I will send an offer through for remote support and should you accept I will connect and see what is going on and fix the issue. Otherwise we can continue to talk like this but I will need to ask a number of other questions and try and walk you through some steps. Both options are 100% guaranteed by the way. Remote is just quicker and avoids the risk of you making a mistake and doing something wrong. If you want remote click get extra help. If not simply reply to me. Thanks, Richard
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok....so the button on the right side of the phone and the round one beneath the screen.....trying again

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
That is correct, While it is connected to the computer with iTunes open
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no....i keep getting error messages saying I am not synched because I am not authorized....then I log into iTunes with my account(not my daughters) and it says I am already authorized....when I plug in to the computer, open I tunes and simultaneously hold down the power button and home button all it does is reset my phone....

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, connect the iPhone to the computer, open iTunes and hold only the home button. What then happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

voice control

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
how exactly have you connected the iPhone to the computer? As it does not sound like its connected at all.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

it's connected with usb....and it pulls up pictures and asks me if I want to import them to the computer...also it is charging so it is hooked up

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok and if on the iPhone you go to Settings>iCloud, tap Delete Account, then sign back in with the new ID, what then happens?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

there is no option to sign in with new ID...I have to click "Sign Out" then Delete account then it says password ***** (for my daughters old account) to turn off FIND MY IPHONE....

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, can you try to reset the Apple ID password ***** your daughters account please via this link belowhttps://iforgot.apple.comAre you able to reset the password?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

she does not know the password ***** i said before....i have to get back to work...i will try more later

Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
yes I saw, but the link I gave is to reset the password, which is what I was requesting.Can you please do this?