Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

I hit restore on my iPhone 5 trying to sync my iTunes and I

Customer Question

I hit restore on my iPhone 5 trying to sync my iTunes and I thought it would just save my music but it went back to my old account and I lost my pictures and data; is there any way to retrieve and would it have saved to iTunes what was on my phone.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question On your iPhone, go to Settings > iCloud and is the backup turned on there ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What now?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Sorry for the delay. Now,on your iTunes click on Edit menu (or iTunes menu) and select Preferences Click on Devices tap and you will see all backups there. What is the recent backup you see there ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
On your iTunes on your computer, click on Edit menu (or iTunes menu if using Mac) and select Preferences. In Preferences, click on Devices tab and you will see all local backups there. Do you see any recent backup for your iPhone there ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
I didn't get a reply from you. So I'm posting the answer here.
Once the data are over written it is very difficult to recover them. Unless you have an backup on either iTunes or iCloud, you will not be able to go back to what it is was.
We have only two options now. First is try to restore your iPhone from iCloud backup or iTunes backup if any. Second is use a third party application named Wondershare Dr. Fone for iOS.
So first, lets try to restore your backup from iCloud. On your iPhone, go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Erase All Contents and Settings. This will completely erase your iPhone. Setup it again and during setup, you will get a option to restore from backup. Select Restore from iCloud back up. Enter your Apple ID and password ***** this will restore your iPhone from the most recent backup.
If that didn't work, then download the Dr Fone on your computer from here --> http://www.wondershare.com/data-recovery/iphone-data-recovery.html
Then scan your iPhone with it. Does it find any of your deleted photos ?
If so, you can recover from there.
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask.