Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

My Iphone 5 suddenly says "No Service" - even though I am in

Customer Question

My Iphone 5 suddenly says "No Service" - even though I am in downtown Vancouver and I don't know how to restore service. Can you help?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Go to the Settings, the Network Settings, from the Home screen.
Check on whether WiFi is enabled. Disable it or turn it Off.
Check on whether 2G/3G/4G data service (or anything like it) is enabled. It should be enabled, unless you are near a trusted WiFi source.
Check on whether Bluetooth is enabled. If it is, shut it Off.
Network services can interfere with each other, sometimes, so only one should be On, if there is any doubt.
Also check to see whether you have accidentally enabled Airplane Mode, and shut off your iPhone's networked functions altogether.
Then think as to whether your network access service bills are paid up. And whether you have been using your network access from your iPhone more than usual. Contact your network access service to check on your account's status, routinely.
Then... well, you might be in a 'dead zone', which can happen among skyscrapers sometimes, or in any building, if there is an interference or wave resonance pattern at the particular location in space... move around a bit, say several dozen to 100 feet, and see if that relieves the problem.