Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I think my phone is a"4S". I unlocked it and bought a Sim card

Customer Question

I think my phone is a"4S". I unlocked it and bought a Sim card and had myn carrier "012"
transfer my phone number to this I-phone.
My problem is: Quite frequently my phone will ring for a couple of seconds. There is nobody on the line and also no record of an incoming call.
Hope you can help.
Harry K Pick
Nachal Dolev28/7
Ramat Bet Shemesh Alef
Israel
Phone Specs: Model:- MC924LL/A
S.N.:- C8PJKD1EDT
Version:8.4(12H143)
"*****@******.***"
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
This can be an issue with the firmware
First, can you hold the home and power button for about 10 seconds until you see the Apple Logo, then release.
Let the iPhone restart and tell me if you still have the problem please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as you instructed me. I cannot tell if it is fixed, because it does not ring all the time. So far it has not acted up
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, I have marked this question to never close, so If you have continued problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know. There is no time limit on this.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It just did it again
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
How did you unlock the phone?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still doing it. I got on the internet and requested my carrier in the US, AT&T, to unlock the phone; which to my surprise they did immediately. I then purchased a Sim card for "012" at the gas station and installed it. My son-in-law helped me to get the number from the LG phone i was using transferred to this I phone
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
Yes, they have to by law unlock now.
Can you go to Settings, General, Reset Reset Network Settings
Let this complete and tell me if you still have the problem please.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did as you instructed and reset the network settings. Hope that'll do it. So far so good!
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
ok, Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still doing it--ringing for a second or two. Nobody on the line--no record of a recent incoming call
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thanks
We will then have to do a complete reset of the phone. This is going to remove all data (contacts, photos ect) and return the phone to new but this we cannot avoid, so please backup the phone before doing this.
Once done, go to settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.
Let this complete and when it has, setup the phone again like when you first received it and tell me please if you still have the problem.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
please give me detailed instructions how to back up all my data and how to recover it
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
You do this to iCloud
Settings > iCloud > Storage & Backup.
Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on.
Tap Back Up Now. Stay connected to your Wi-Fi network until the process completes.
Make sure the backup finished by tapping Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage, and then select your device. The backup you just made should appear in the details with the time and backup size.
This completes the backup