Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My IPhone 4S is disabled and I can't remember my password.

Customer Question

My IPhone 4S is disabled and I can't remember my password. I am not near a computer. How do I get in the phone without losing all of my data?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
I'm really sorry that your iPhone is disabled. Unfortunately there is NO way to retrieve that passcode or get back to your phone without the passcode. Your only option is to force-restore the iPhone to factory settings through iTunes by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) mode, which will erase everything from it. This is how Apple designed it to protect the information of their users.
But if you've backed up your iPhone to iTunes on your computer or iCloud, then you can restore all your data back after restoring your iPhone from iTunes/iCloud. You can also redownload all your past purchases for free using the same account.
Follow the steps below to restore your iPhone by putting it to DFU Mode.
First download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : https://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
Then connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
Open iTunes application on your computer.
On your iPhone press and hold the Home button and the Power button at the same time.
After EXACTLY 8 seconds release the Power button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
Click OK or Restore
Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank and will be unresponsive. It is normal. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode. So keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode. And it will take awhile to restore it.
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
A rating is only required when we are finished this session. Remember, you are rating my service to you and not the JustAnswer website or the outcome of the answer.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there, I'm just checking. How is it going ?
If you have any difficulty on following the steps, please let me know and I will walk you through it.