Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

My girls ex boyfriend synced her phone to a laptop using her

Customer Question

My girls ex boyfriend synced her phone to a laptop using her ip address. He has been spying on her every move and changing passwords and all information incoming and outgoing is being sent to his Google"My Drive". Not to mention blocking mail and other things. how do we clear her phone?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Can you tell me the make and model of her phone please?
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
IT'S AN i4s
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Can I get an answer to this question?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Remote Tech Support. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Hi there
Sorry it was nearly 2 days before you replied and I was not online then.
The only real sure way to clear any infection on the phone from someone is to reset the phone. It reloads it as new, removing any tools installed on it.
To do this, first backup any data off the phone eg: Photos, contacts ect.
Then go to Settings, General, Reset, Erase all content and reset settings.
Let this run then setup the phone again and any infections or tools put on the phone will then be cleared
If you have any problems, or would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
Else if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Reset was already done. They hooked phone to laptop and synced it to the actual ip address. Info you provided not helpful at all. Thanks.
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
sure, it actually answered the question of "how do we clear her phone?"
So can you please explain how it was not helpful at all?