Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

I have a short (2-3 minutes) piece of music saved as an MPEG-4

Customer Question

I have a short (2-3 minutes) piece of music saved as an MPEG-4 in my text messages. I would like to:
a) move it from my text messages to somewhere where it is more easily accessible ongoing (as the particular text message tends to slide down lower and lower as i get more new text messages). I do not care if it is saved in my Voice Memos or elsewhere, as long as it is easily accessible to play from an icon on my phone.
and
b) have it set up so that it would repeat and repeat, for either a fixed number of repeats and/or endlessly.
I have an iphone4 and latest (or next to latest) operating system.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is***** will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. There may, unfortunately, be no good answer to your question. It *is* possible to save a photo attached to a text message, to an iPhone, which will save it in the Camera Roll. But if you load the video into iTunes on a computer, you could then convert it to a file that is compatible with iPhone and perhaps import it through iTunes (on the computer) and a sync with the computer by the iPhone. If you need more details, let me know. If this completely answers your question, please rate my Answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I thought I was clear -- it is not a video, it is a 2-3 minute piece of music.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Do you happen to know what file type it is? I don't think there's an exception for music files in this respect, but, if I know what file type the music file is, I might find such an exception.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

As I said in my original posting, it is labeled as an MPEG-4 audio file, when I look at it. It came as an attachment to a text message. I know it is also possible for the sender to send it to be as an attachment to an email message, if that helps any.

Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Attachments to email messages also cannot be saved to an iPhone, unfortunately.Since I have no other ideas to offer, I have Opted Out, with apologies for the answer not being more pleasing compared to what you would expect.As a last mention: if you go through iTunes on a computer, and process the mpeg-4 adio file, you could turn it into a ringtone file, and *that*, in that format, could be loaded onto your iPhone... or at least, played back by it.