Russell H., Service Tech
Experience:  8+ years of professional experience
13568747

Craftsman Assurelink not sending notifications to iPhone.

Customer Question

Craftsman Assurelink not sending notifications to iPhone. What might be wrong? I have deleted and renewed my account, I have replaced the Gateway at the suggestion of Chamberlain (the mfg for sears). I have deleted and reloaded the iOS app. The only gain
was that it will now again track the alerts and email them, but still no iOS notifications.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think there must be a proper registration of the device, before its notifications will be sent properly.
Apparently you have done that, and entered the serial number from your device into your account when you created it online.
Is your Assurelink still connected to your router box? Is the green light On, on the Assurelink device?
(If not, connect it, and if the green light is not On nor comes On, you have a defective device and should return it as such, for an exchange for another Assurelink device, or for a refund.)
If the notifications are actually being sent, but are blocked by your network or firewall on your iPhone or on your router - I'm not sure of the details yet, of how your router relates to your iPhone getting notifications, not how your iPhone is networked, whether locally or with 3G/4G networking... so I can't be more specific than that yet... if they might be being blocked by your network configuration or firewalling, then that would need adjusting.
But also: Are you sure you have not been getting such notification emails sorted into your Spam folder, or automatically deleted as if they were Spam email? check your email account, both the Spam folder (if there is one) and in Trash folder, to be sure of that.
Let me know some more details (if the above does not cure the problem.)
If the above advice completes the case as far as you are concerned, please rate my Answer - favorably - so that I may be paid for the thought and time I have spent on your question's answer. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Everything communicates through the router. The replacement of the gateway at least started to report the activity again, however, it will email the acidity only, it will not deliver the notifications. As far as firewalls... I used to get notifications on all my iOS devices.....iPad via wifi, iPhones via wifi or network data services via AT&T. They simply stopped on all devices and stopped being reported prior to replacing the gateway. Now they will only email - no notifications....
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
It sounds as if you have replaced the gateway already. Was it this difficulty that made you replace it, or some other difficulty (if so, what) ?