Richard, Smartphone Specialist
Experience:  Extensive Smartphone Issue Resolvement
32989067

I took several videos with my iphone 5s this weekend,

Customer Question

Hello, I took several videos with my iphone 5s this weekend, important ones, then synced to my Mac. When done syncing it asked if I wanted to delete photos on my iphone. Stupidly I said yes. Turns out none of the videos synced. Some were short, a couple were as long as 17 minutes. Is there any way to recover these videos? I can see photos and videos in my "recently deleted photos" folder on my iPhone but I only find the ones I manually deleted from the phone, not the ones I deleted after the sync. Thank you!
Vicki
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for your question, my name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you.
Please note, click on Reply to Expert to reply to me, a rating is only needed when we are finished.
Wondershare is the only option you will have for this.
Can you disconnect the iPhone then hold the home and power buttons until you see the Apple Logo, then release.
Then run the wondershare process again and tell me if it gets past 99%.
Give it 1/2 hour at 99% as it may be processing and just appear frozen.
Let me know the results please
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi there. I tried wondershare and it only recovered photos or videos that actually downloaded. Or those I manually deleted. It's like the videos I took but never downloaded and then deleted don't exist. I have no idea why they didn't download to start with except maybe they were too long. This never happened before, and these were precious videos of my older aunts and uncles talking about their childhoods. Any idea of how to recover these videos?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, if Wondershaare cannot recover them, it is not going to be possible. Its the only chance you have for recovering these.
I advise you install an app called Dropbox.
You make an account and get 2GB for free. Then once installed, everytime you take a photo or Video, it will automatically upload it securley to your account online so you can not lose them like this, and they are easily accessible via the computer then.
If you would like any additional information or assistance, please do not hesitate to let me know.
And if you can take a second to rate my service by clicking one of the stars at the top of the screen and then submit, that would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I already have dropbox. So is it possible my videos are there? Where would they be?
Expert:  Richard replied 1 year ago.
It may be
Click on my link below
www.dropbox.com
Sign into your account and look for and open the folder Camera Uploads.
Check if it is there please.