Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

My computer (or any other) cannot see my iphone 5 so I can

Customer Question

My computer (or any other) cannot see my iphone 5 so I can import photos and other media
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** certified computer professional with over 10 years experience. I will be glad to assist you with this.
This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot > Hold the home button and the power button down for about 30 seconds or until the Apple logo appears on the screen, then release both buttons. Then while the iPhone is rebooting connect the USB cable to your computer. If that does not work please let me know and we will try another method.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I tried that, the computer still does not see the iphone
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
okay, do you have another USB cable that you can try?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I tried that, the computer still does not see the iphonethis cord seems to be working fine for charging off the computer and other apps.The same thing happens at home with different USB cords........
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
okay, that usually indicates an issue with the iPhone firmware or hardware. You will need to determine if this is a firmware or hardware issue. If it is a hardware issue then the only option will be to get it repaired at an Apple store or smartphone repair center. If the iPhone is less than 12 months old you can get this done under the Apple warranty.The only option to rule out the firmware in the iPhone will be a factory restore.The process for restoring an iPhone begins by wiping the iPhone, which puts it into the same clean state it was when you first got it out of the box. But before you take this step, you must make sure your iPhone has been backed up to the iCloud.You can verify your iCloud backup by going into the iPhones settings and choosing iCloud from the menu. In the iCloud settings, choose Storage and Backup. This will take you to a screen that will display the last time the iPhone was backed up to iCloud.Once you verify the backup, you are ready to begin the process. You will start by erasing all data and settings from the iPhone, which puts it into a clean state, Go to General from the Settings icon. . Scroll all the way down in the General settings until you see "Reset". From this menu, choose "Erase All Content and Settings".Once this complete, go through the initial set up and then choose to restore from a backup, you will be taken to a screen where you can choose from your last backup.