Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My Iphone 5 turned off apparent reason. I sis a hard

Customer Question

my Iphone 5 turned off for no apparent reason. I sis a hard shut dow (hold both buttons in for a good 10 seconds. It wont turn on. I have tried two different chargers, and it is totally non-responsive.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
You already tried the reset method. So we can try a different method to force reboot it.
Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB cable. Then press and hold down both Power and Home button at the same time for 10 seconds or until it shows the cable pointing to iTunes logo. When you see that logo, release the buttons. Then disconnect it from your computer.
Hold down both Power and Home buttons and when it shows the Apple logo, just release the volume button. Does that boot into home screen ?
Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.
Only rate the answer after we've solved the problem.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Sorry there was a typo. You already tried the reset method. So we can try a different method to force reboot it.
Hold down both Power and Home buttons and when it shows the Apple logo, JUST RELEASE THE TWO BUTTONS AND HOLD DOWN volume button. Does that boot into home screen ?