Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

I am not getting any pictures people send me on my

Customer Question

hello. I am not getting any pictures people send me on my iphone 5s but they are NOT getting an error message "delivery failed" -- where are the pictures going?
Is it possible they are going to another Iphone user even if IMessage is not enabled?
I have had several people send me pictures, and I dont get any of them. No delivery failed messages. So where are they going?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
My name is***** will assist you.
I am sorry to hear that you are having this issue. What is the name of your cellular provider?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi Randy:
Cell phone provider is Rogers...
I should also note, that a few months ago, there was a few pictures that "appeared" on another iphone user, and I did not send them, nor was it air dropped, or was in Icloud. I am very curious to know how my pictures and even texts are appearing on another iphone without a shared plan, and not a family member. My Imessage is not enabled, nor is blue tooth, or icloud.
if I am not receiving the pictures, I am concerned they are being sent to this other Iphone user without my knowledge..
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
okay, that does sound like the problem in the Rogers system. That is why I asked about your cellular provider because the problem does not sound like it is connected to your device, but rather a glitch within the Rogers network system. There are some things we can try but if the pics have appeared on another device I am thinking it would not help to reset your phone and settings. You will need to open support ticket with the wireless technical support: 1(###) ###-####lease let me know if you need any other assistance.Please take a moment to rate my service positively.Thank you very much!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks randy.. If this other iPhone user had access to my phone for a while would they be able to have my texts and pictures sent to their iPhone?
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
yes, that is possible if both iPhones are signed in with the same Apple ID however the messages would be going through iCloud and iMessage and not the conventional messaging app. One way to see would be to reset your Apple id password. Then sign in again on your iPhone with the new password. Go to managemyappleid.com and reset the password. Then you’ll need to remove the existing iCloud account that is in use on your iPhone.
Open the Settings app and go to “iCloud”
Scroll down under all the settings to find “Delete Account” (or “Sign Out”) and tap on that
Confirm the removal of the iCloud account from the device by tapping on “Delete” or “Sign Out” Then sign back in with the same id and new password.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok, if that is the case, is there any way I can see what was sent and when? It's doubtful the other iPhone user has the same Apple ID, but let's say it is, would it work if the iCloud was not enabled? I'm not tech savvy so trying to figure this out. As well is there a way to trace where my pictures are going?
Since the senders are not getting any error messages.. It's many people that have sent me pics and not one received an error message.
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
no unfortunately there isn't any way to see that info. The other iPhone would have to have the same Apple ID for that possibility. Otherwise it will have to be a network glitch with Rogers.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Would the other iPhone user have to have the same carrier?
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
No. That could happen across different networks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thank you very much Randy. So to clarify, the only possible way to have my pictures and or texts sent to another iPhone would be to have the same Apple ID and password? There would be no way of me knowing this was happening if I didn't know about the pictures that appeared on the other iPhone?
Expert:  Randy replied 1 year ago.
Yes, that is correct.