John T. F., Mac Druid
Experience:  20+Yrs in the computer/electronics service industry
60674955

I just bought a new I phone and I cannot remember my old password

Customer Question

I just bought a new I phone and I cannot remember my old password ***** my old phone, I can remember the Gmail password. the people at the phone stord could not help me.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  John T. F. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, You should be able to reset your password ***** the site: http://iforgot.apple.com/ enter your Apple ID and click Next.-Select Email authentication followed by Next.Check your email and there should be a message from Apple with instructions on how to reset your password. If you can’t use your email address, another option you have available is to reset your password ***** answering the security questions you created when you setup your account.enter your Apple ID and click Next.-Select Answer security questions and click Next.-Set the birthday you used for the account and clicking Next.- Answer the security questions you picked when you set the account up.If you answer these successfully, you should be able to reset your password ***** access your AppleID again. * IF YOU FORGOT THE APPLE ID ITSELF: If you go to the above mentioned site you will see an option on the right side of the page labeled "Find your Apple ID". If you click this, it will ask for some rather simple information that you should know as the owner of the account ( first name, last name, current email address plus the ability to enter additional email addresses if it has changed since you created the Apple ID). If you can't pull up your Apple ID using the info above BUT you currently have purchased music in iTunes on your computer then you may be able to see the ID; To view this information, simply select any purchased song in iTunes and press Command-I or choose "Get Info" from the File menu. Then in the Summary tab of the window that appears (this should be the default tab), you should see the name / Apple ID listed. Once you have the Apple ID and have reset the password, test out that it is working properly by signing into the Apple ID management site:https://appleid.apple.com/ (Click "Manage Your Apple ID") If you can’t successfully reset your password ***** still can not log in, please let me know. Good luck!John