Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My old Iphone is linked to my daughters old itunes account,

Customer Question

My old Iphone is linked to my daughters old itunes account, which she had to delete because it had kept getting hacked, now I cant use it at all as we cannot delete the device from her iTunes or iCloud account, what can i do??
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is ***** ***** I look forward to assisting you today with your question.
If it is hacked, then I'd recommend to close that account and use a new one instead. The reason is that, the person who hacked will always have access to your personal information and also he can deactivate your iPhone and block your access to it.
Now goto Settings > iCloud and turn off Find My iPhone option from there.
Goto Settings > iCloud and note down the account you signed there. Then goto this website and reset the password ***** iCloud --? http://iforgot.apple.com
Now, restore it to factory settings and this time, setup it as new iPhone. Don't restore it from iCloud backup or iTunes backup.
Also, create and use new Apple ID if possible. If you still want to use the old Apple ID, I'd also recommend to setup 2 step verification security on your Apple ID --> https://support.apple.com/kb/PH14668?locale=en_US
If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. Only rate the answer after we solved the problem
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thankyou for your assistance, but I originally tried everything that you have suggested, the problem is because the account has been hacked, even trying to prove via security questions and email etc,,I cannot reset my password ***** be able to access icloud, find my phone etc to deactivate it. I have phoned apple 500 times and no-one wants to help me, I have tried turning phone off then holding down the power off button while plugging into computer lead, then holding home button at same time so it brings up itunes symbol. I have also tried to get Proof of purchase through my service provider who claim they cannot find my account, even with my damn account information..This has to be hands down the most frustrating thing I have ever endured. This is my 4th full day of trying to fix the phone. Do you have any other ideas maybe
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Apple will not help you. The reason is that Apple don't have access your account to deactivate Find My iPhone for you.
"We have tried to reactivate the email with new passwords etc,, which works briefly, then it is like someone has hacked it and changes password ***** away, which does not allow us to access"
When you reset it via email, does Apple send you the reset email ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes they did the first 2 times I tried it, and the password ***** to work briefly then when I tried to use it on iTunes or iCloud, it would not work so I tried to reset it on appleid.apple.com the email did not come through.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The moment you had access to the account, you should have disabled Find My iPhone immediately from Settings.
I'm really sorry, but you have already tried everything so far. I understand your frustration as I had faced this kind of issue before. There is no way to activate it again without the username and password.
Even Apple will not able to activate it. But you can contact them via email from here --> https://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact/
It is worth a try. If you are still unable to activate, then you may need to sell it for parts. Yes, I know this is not the answer you want to hear but this is something I can't fix. There is no way to override the activation screen.
Please don't rate me bad or poor if you are not satisfied with the answer. Remember, you are rating my service to you, not the answer. You don't have to rate anything if you are not satisfied. You can contact***@******.*** for refund.
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
The person who hacked your account should have access to her email or know answers to the security questions. Normally, you can't change the password ***** the Apple ID without knowing the answers to the security questions or without access to your rescue email.
Does she remember the rescue address he setup with the account ?
If so, I want you to call to Apple Support directly from this page --> http://www.apple.com/support/appleid/contact/
Best Regards,