Jason Jones, Technician
Experience:  Several years experience in both smartphone setup and sales.
30759776

I'm having problems with my iphone

Customer Question

I'm having problems with my iphone not ringing. It rings when a favourate calls , but not anyone else. The same for email notification and messaging.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Jason Jones replied 1 year ago.
My name is Jason. I look forward to helping you today.
First off, let's make sure it's not an issue with the ringtone setup. From the home screen, tap Settings > Sounds > Ringtone. On the next screen, choose your choice of ringtone. You can do the same thing for notifications (Settings > Sounds > Your choice of notification).
If that doesn't work, you will have to continue with the instructions below.
You will have to restore the iPhone to a base firmware install, which will erase everything on the iPhone, but you can later restore the contents of the iPhone to a backup that you have on the computer (the same computer you used in the past to sync the phone with):
- You will need to have the iTunes application installed first. If you do not have it, you can download it for free from the following site: http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/
- Press and hold the top power button until the iPhone turns off
- Connect the iPhone to the computer that you have been using the phone and iTunes with
- Hold down the HOME button on the front while pressing the Power button (continue holding the home button)
- Continue to hold the HOME button until you see the "Connected to iTunes" message
Option 1: In the Summary tab, click Restore and follow the prompts. (THIS WILL ERASE everything on the iPhone and make it just as it was when you first purchased the phone).
Option 2: Click the button on the top right of the iTunes window for your (iPhone) and then click the Restore button.
- Once that is complete, right click the iPhone listing in the left panel of the iTunes window
- Choose "Restore from Backup"
- Choose a backup date and restore.
Now your iPhone will be back up and have all the restored information from your last sync.
If you need anything else in the future, please let me know.
Thank you for your time today.
- Jason
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'd like to cancel any obligation with you. Keep the deposit, and thank you for your effort. I stopped in at an Apple Store and they solved the problem. The privacy was turned on inadvertently. Never overlook the little things is the lesson here.
Thank you.