Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My iPhone 5 keeps flashing the apple logo on and off every

My iPhone 5 keeps flashing the apple logo on and off every few seconds. Will not do anything else include connect to iTunes?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

You have to restore your iPhone from iTunes on your computer. You can restore it by putting it to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPhone to working condition. Put your iPhone to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put your iPhone to DFU Mode;

• Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPhone Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank. Timing is critical when you put it to DFU Mode, so keep trying until it goes to DFU Mode

Please let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Best Regards,

Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience: Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Wow! Your advice was spot on:-). The Internet blogs do not include the 8 second rule to let off the sleep/ awake button. It was an easy fix with your advice! Thanks!!!!
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
I'm glad that worked for you. Timing is very critical when you put it to DFU Mode.

If you have any questions or would like any additional information, please don't hesitate to ask. If you like my service, please rate me Positively.

Best Regards,
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Hi there,
It's me Ashik again. It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help, and if not to say Thanks for using JustAnswer.

I want you to be happy with the service I am providing, so if we still need to work on this let me know. If you have new questions now or in the future please do not hesitate to ask them.

Thanks and Have a great day,