Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My iphone is stuck on the "plug into itunes" screen. I have

My iphone is stuck on the "plug into itunes" screen. I have tried to restore it but nothing works- the same screen just keeps coming back.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.

Hi and Welcome. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

Before we start, please remember these things. It may take more than one step/answer to solve a problem. So If my answers don’t work or if you are not satisfied, please don’t Rate my answer as Bad or Poor Service, but please Reply back to me by clicking the “Continue Conversation” or “Reply” button and I will gladly continue to help. Remember, only Rate answer after you are 100% Satisfied.

Did you tried restoring it by putting it to DFU Mode ?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i have no idea how to do that could you help?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Of course I will help. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPhone to working condition. Put your iPhone to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put your iPhone to DFU Mode;
  • Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPhone Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank. Timing is critical when you put to DFU Mode

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting. Don't Rate my answer until you are satisfied.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

i didnt work. itunes wont acknowledge my phone

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
What does your iPhone shows now ? Does it shows blank/black screen ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes its a blank black screen now

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
That means your iPhone is in DFU Mode. Disconnect your iphone from your PC and reconnect it to different USB Port. If that didn't work, could you please try it from a different PC ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

what do you mean reconnect it to a different usb port? like plug it into the wall or replug it into this computer...

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Replug the cable to differnet USB port of your computer. There should be more then one USB port on your Mac. Let me know...
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok i plugged it into a different usb port in this computer and the screen is still black

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Does the iTunes recognizes it now ? If not, please restart your computer and try again.

Also, do you have access to other computer ?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

no itunes is not recognizing it. I do have access to another computer. if i restart this computer will i lose contact with you? and how do I get back in touch with you?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Try to restore it from different computer.

Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me after restart
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

ok it says it will let me restore it but that everything will be erased. this sucks. is there any other option?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately No. That is your only option because the OS of your iPhone is corrupted. If you have had your iPhone synced with iTunes prior to this problem, then you can restore all your contents back. Also, you can redownload all purchased items for free.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

okay its restoring right now. since this happened while I was trying to sync it with itunes on this computer should i worry that this might happen again if I attempt to connect it with this computers itunes? what do you think?

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
No. This is a rare problem and doesn't happen frequently. It is just like a software or pc crash. You can sync with your PC without worrying after restoring it.
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience: Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

thank you soooo much! you are amazing! I will give you the best rating there is Laughing

-XXXXX XXXXXisa

Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
You're most welcome Anna :)

If you like my service, please rate me as Excellent Service.

Have a great day,
Expert:  Ashik replied 1 year ago.
Hi there,

I'm just following up with you to see how everything is going. Let me know if you need any help in future...

Best Regards,