Ashik , Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My iPhone is stuck on the plug into itunes screen

My iphone is stuck on the "plug into itunes" screen. I have tried to restore it but nothing works- the same screen just keeps coming back.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.

Did you try restoring it by putting it to DFU Mode?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i have no idea how to do that could you help?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.

Of course I will help. DFU Mode is a mode which will allow you to restore your iPhone to working condition. Put your iPhone to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below to put your iPhone to DFU Mode;

• Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPhone Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank. Timing is critical when you put to DFU Mode

Let me know if that didn't work, so we can continue troubleshooting.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

i didnt work. itunes wont acknowledge my phone

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.

What does your iPhone show now? Does it show a blank/black screen?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes its a blank black screen now

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
That means your iPhone is in DFU Mode. Disconnect your iphone from your PC and reconnect it to different USB Port. If that didn't work, could you please try it from a different PC ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

what do you mean reconnect it to a different usb port? like plug it into the wall or replug it into this computer...

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Replug the cable to differnet USB port of your computer. There should be more then one USB port on your Mac. Let me know...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok i plugged it into a different usb port in this computer and the screen is still black

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Does the iTunes recognizes it now ? If not, please restart your computer and try again.

Also, do you have access to other computer ?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no itunes is not recognizing it. I do have access to another computer. if i restart this computer will i lose contact with you? and how do I get back in touch with you?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Try to restore it from different computer.

Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me after restart
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok it says it will let me restore it but that everything will be erased. this sucks. is there any other option?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
Unfortunately No. That is your only option because the OS of your iPhone is corrupted. If you have had your iPhone synced with iTunes prior to this problem, then you can restore all your contents back. Also, you can redownload all purchased items for free.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

okay its restoring right now. since this happened while I was trying to sync it with itunes on this computer should i worry that this might happen again if I attempt to connect it with this computers itunes? what do you think?

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.
No. This is a rare problem and doesn't happen frequently. It is just like a software or pc crash. You can sync with your PC without worrying after restoring it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you soooo much! you are amazing!

Expert:  Ashik replied 3 years ago.

You're most welcome :)

Have a great day.