ITTechChris
ITTechChris, Technician
Experience:  6+ years of professional experience as a IT Technician
63401584

how do I unlock the new Blu studio 5.3 smartphone

Customer Question

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Michelle-Mod replied 2 years ago.

Hi, I’m a moderator for this topic and I wonder whether you’re still waiting for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will do my best to find a Professional to assist you right away. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you. Thank you!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am still interested in getting a solution.

,
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 2 years ago.
Hello, I am Engineer John C., I will be your expert today.

Do you want to use it with another carrier, am I right?

What's the original carrier?

Please click the "Reply to expert" button below to let me know.

Thank you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes I want to use it with another carrier. The carrier is TSTT bmobile in Trinidad & Tobago
OK, I couldn't find a provider that unlock phones from TSTT, unfortunately. I will opt out so any other expert can try to help you. You will receive an email when another expert takes your question. The new expert will see all our previous thread, so no need to explain the issue again.

Thank you
Expert:  ITTechChris replied 2 years ago.
Welcome to Just Answer. We are the number one 3rd party Q and A company in the world. My name is Chris and I'm an professional technician here to happily assist you with your question. Please press the Smiley Face/4,5 number when you are satisfied with my services.

There are two ways to unlock a GSM-based cell phone; via entering a unique “unlock code” into your device, or by plugging into a computer and upgrading the firmware of the device to remove the lock. The method varies depending on the make and model of your phone, so the first step should be to gather some information about your device and carrier. Here’s what you need to find:

• Obviously, the make and model of your specific device. If you don’t know the model, look under the battery cover or the battery itself.
  • The IMEI number. This number can also be found under the battery cover or battery itself, and can also be called up on the device by pressing “*#06#” – this doesn’t work with all devices though, so your best bet is under the battery labeled “IMEI.”
  • Your “Provider/Carrier code.” This is the unique identifier for the carrier your currently using. This info isn’t usually readily available on your device, so you’ll have to do a quick Google search. Wikipedia also has a good resource for US carrier codes here.

Once you have this information, it’s time to move on to finding the appropriate unlock code (if available) for your specific credentials. Some carriers will divulge the unlock codes to subscribers who have been loyal for a certain period of time, so it’s worth your time to check with them first. If they do, it’s as easy as entering the code into the device, and it’s automatically unlocked. If your carrier isn’t so kind as to provide this information, you can still discover it using a variety of methods.

Depending on the make and model of your device, you can do a quick Google search for “unlock codes for **make & model of phone.” You can either download certain software pertaining to your specific make of device which allows you to input the credentials such as IMEI and carrier numbers to get a list of unlock codes, or you can directly purchase the unlock codes- although they’re sometimes pricey. Since there’s such a variance in the makes and models of cell phones being used today, let’s focus on the most popular ones and explain further how to unlock them.

The two primary makers of cell phones that are easily unlock-able are Nokia and Motorola. While the steps to unlock devices from other makers are most likely very similar to these, we’ll focus on how to unlock devices made only by Nokia and Motorola for example purposes. Since GSM has become so prolific in recent times, Nokia and Motorola are two of the most widely used brands of GSM-based cell phones available today.

Nokia devices can be unlocked using simple unlock codes. Depending on your model, you can download and use one of two programs available that will identify the appropriate unlock code for your phone. Nokia models are broken down into two categories in terms of unlocking; DCT3 and DCT4. Again, a quick Google search will help you determine which category your Nokia model falls under. You can download a program for DCT3 models here, and for DCT4 models here. After filling in the proper information such as IMEI number, carrier and carrier number, country and so on, the software will output the necessary codes. Input them into your device, and it’s unlocked. It’s important to remember to always remove your SIM card before inputting the unlock code.

Similarly, Motorola phones can make use of software found here to find the necessary unlock codes. The process is the same, it just uses a different software method. Alternatively, you may find that your device requires you to re-work your firmware using a data cable and similar software to the ones used with Nokia and Motorola. In this case, you may have to purchase a USB data cable. They’re relatively cheap, and Motorola usually uses a USB to miniUSB connector which are universally available.

If you’re device is capable of unlocking, which almost all GSM-based phones are, it’s a process of gathering the necessary information about your device and carrier, and searching for the next steps which will vary greatly depending on your phone. 9 times out of 10, it should be as simple as inputting an unlock code found via cheap and simple software, or plugging the device into a computer to unlock it automatically. Either way, it’s a relatively quick and painless procedure. When shopping for new phones, it’s also a good idea to shop online for “unlocked GSM cell phones” that will come unlocked from the factory. You won’t ever have to worry about unlocking it, and it can be used on any carrier worldwide.

I will be here for your reply. Please do NOT press the frown face/1 or 2 numbers if your question is not yet solved, keep replying until we get it settled. I am more then happy to keep assisting you until your question is solved. :]

Please make sure to press a Smiley Face button/4,5 number by My answer(s) to show that I have helped you for that is the only way I am compensated for my work. After pressing a smiley face button, you can still post replies on this Q&A thread for any of your post-concerns. If you still have additional questions, please don't hesitate to ask. Bonus's are always appreciated. :)

Thanks,
Chris

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Hello
Sorry but your answer did not solve the problem. I think I have to wait until I go back to Trinidad, to get one of the authorised dealer to unnlock the phone.

Thanks

Philemon