Nick H.
Nick H., Phones Specialist
Experience:  SmartPhones Specialist

My iPhone says its not backed up

My iPhone keeps sending me a message to say its not backed up. I don't know what to do about this (have always had company phone and support - don't any more) Also forgotten password.

Had bought stuff from the store prior to buying this new phone and now lost them - any chance of retrieving.

All sounds a bit pathetic I know but just hope you can help.

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.

Hi and welcome,

What is your iphone model?

Do you have a computer? If yes, you can do a backup for your phone on your computer. You will need iTunes to do so. Please click on the link to install iTunes.

After installed iTunes, connect your iphone to computer. You will see your iphone on the left hand side under Devices. RIGHT CLICK (or Control - Click on Mac) on your iphone and select Backup. This will backup your iphone on the computer.

Regarding your prior account, was it your personal or company account?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Its an iphone4. I have a pc with itunes though I can't remember my password - I think I changed it when I got this phone.

My prior account was a company account in the name of SOVA. I have kept the same number.

I'll try to do the back up now.

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.

On your iphone, if you go to Settings->Appstore, the Apple ID is your email address. Please click on the link below and see if you can log into your Apple ID account. If not, please select Forgot password and try to reset the password.

Apple ID Login page

AppleID password *****

If all failed, you need to call Apple support and see if they can help you setup a new account and transfer your purchases.

800-APL-CARE(###) ###-####

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have downloaded itunes again t update it but it doesn't have "devices" down the left hand side. It has music and store and share etc but no devices so don't know where to go from here.

I've changed my password with itunes though weirdly they sent their reply on how to change it to a friend of mine who fortunately was working on her computer and forwarded it to me. She's since received it again and it didn't come to me at all. This is getting creepy!

Expert:  Nick H. replied 4 years ago.

You need to connect your iphone to computer. Then you will see Devices on the left hand side and your iphone under Devices.

The reason that they sent the email to your friend could be because you USED to sync with her computer. Which will take her Apple ID when going to Appstore. You should call Apple Support and clear this issue out before purchasing anything else.

Please let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.