Randy
Randy , Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

hi my phone rings for a call but no other sounds on anything,

Customer Question

hi my phone rings for a call but no other sounds on anything, text messafes, alerts, vidoes, music, games all with no sound, how do i fix this?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Hello, thanks for your question. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today and providing you with the best answer possible.
I will need the brand and model of your phone please.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
apple iphone 4s
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Okay,Thank you. Please try this first.
On your iPhone go to Settings, then General> then Reset> from there select Reset All Settings. Then try and see if the problem is corrected. Please let me know if this works if it does not we can try another option.
.
.
Remember, if for any reason you’re unsatisfied, we can continue our conversation until you’ve received the information you’re looking for. If I haven’t answered your question, please let me know and I’ll be happy to answer any other follow-up questions you might have.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

if i do that do i loose anything saved on my phone?

Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
No, it is safe, this will only reset the settings to factory default.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i have done this but problem is still there, no sounds

Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Okay, I am sorry for this difficulty, please try this next and let me know if it corrects the problem.
This could be a glitch in the software and the iPhone needs to reboot, lets try and force a reboot. Hold the Power button and the Home button down at the same time until the Apple logo appears, then release the buttons and allow your iPhone to reboot, then check to see if the sounds are working.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
still not working
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Try plugging and unplugging your headphones into the headphone jack a few times, then check. If no change try thoroughly cleaning the docking port at the bottom of the iPhone with a toothbrush, then check again. Please let me know if this works.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
hi Randy still nothing, with or without head phones
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Okay, can you give me the approximate purchase date please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
january 2012
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
I am sorry, unfortunately there are no more options we can try. However your iPhone is covered under warranty for 12 months from purchase date.
PLEASE CLICK HERE FOR WARRANTY INFO.

Use Express Lane for fast, personalized service.

1-800-275-2273

iPhone: 1-800-MY-IPHONE (1-800-694-7466)

www.apple.com/support/

Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Please rate my answer positively with If for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I f you are not able to rate my answer positively please reply for more help. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you very much!