Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

I keep getting "Voicemail Unavailable", "Unable to initiate

I keep getting "Voicemail Unavailable", "Unable to initiate connection". How do I get into my voicemail? It hasn't worked for months.
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.
I will need a little more information please. Can you give me the brand name of your phone and your cellular service provider?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.1.1, Carrier: AT&T

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

iPhone 4, IOS 5.1.1, AT&T

Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Reset voicemail password
From your... Procedure
Mobile phone
  1. Call 611 from your wireless device.
  2. Press the option for Voicemail Help, and then follow the IVR prompts.
  3. Upon completion, you will receive a temporary password XXXXX free text message.
myAT&T online account
  1. Go to the Reset Voicemail Password XXXXX in myAT&T
  2. The Reset Voicemail Password XXXXX will display your wireless number. Note: You can only reset the voicemail password XXXXX with the wireless number you used to log in to myAT&T.
  3. Select Submit to Reset Your Voicemail Password.
  4. Upon completion, you will receive a temporary password XXXXX free text message.
Landline phone
  1. Call 1-800-331-0500 from a landline phone.
  2. Enter your 10-digit wireless phone number, and then follow the IVR prompts.
  • Then Call your voicemail box from your wireless phone by pressing and holding the 1 key.
  • If you have new messages, press the star key (*) to get to the voicemail Main Menu, then follow the steps below.
  • If you have no new messages, follow the steps below.

At the Main Menu:

• Press 4 for Personal Options.
  • Press 2 for Administrative Options.
  • Press 1 for Passwords.
  • Press 1 again to Establish or Change Passwords, then enter a new 4- to 15-digit password.
    Your password XXXXX be any random 4- to 15-digit number and should be difficult for someone to discover. We strongly recommend that you avoid using the last four digits of your mobile or your complete mobile number and change your password XXXXX In those instances where you may need to reset your voicemail password, you should immediately change it from the temporary password XXXXX will be sent to you.

Step 2: Turn on the password XXXXX your wireless device.

• Call your voicemail box from your wireless phone by pressing and holding the 1 key.

At the Main Menu:

• Press 4 for Personal Options.
  • Press 2 for Administrative Options.
  • Press 1 for Passwords.
  • Press 2 to turn password XXXXX.

Although AT&T does not recommend turning off your password, customers have the option of turning the password XXXXX via the voicemail main menu as shown below:

At the Main Menu:

• Press 4 for Personal Options.
  • Press 2 for Administrative Options.
  • Press 1 for Passwords.
  • Press 2 to turn password XXXXX.
Randy, Customer Service
Experience: Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
Expert:  Randy replied 2 years ago.
Hello again Dale,
I hope everything is still going well with your iPhone, please let me know if I can be of any assistance

I will be glad to answer any follow up questions you may have.
It has been a pleasure to work with you. Thank you very much !