Randy
Randy, Customer Service
Experience:  Expert in service and repair of all Smartphones.
62741268

iPhone 4 froze during install for latest OS update.

iPhone 4 frozen during install for latest OS update. How do I unfreez?

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Please follow these steps to place your iPhone device into recovery mode.

1. Connect the USB cable to the iPhone,, but leave the other end of the cable disconnected.
  2. Turn off the device: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, then slide the slider. Wait for the device to turn off.
    • If you cannot turn off the device using the slider, press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. When the device turns off, release the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons.
  3. While pressing and holding the Home button, connect the USB cable to the computer. The device should turn on.

4. Continue holding the Home button until you see the "Connect to iTunes" screen. When this screen appears you can release the Home button:
    USB cord pointing the iTunes symbol
  5. If necessary, open iTunes. You should see the following "recovery mode" alert:

Alert text: "iTunes has detected an iPhone in recovery mode..."

6. Use iTunes to restore the device.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have no access to a computer. Only my iPad. Is ther a way to just "reset" so I can use my phone?
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
No. I am sorry, unfortunately, the only way to restore your iPhones is with itunes on a PC.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Does it have to be my own PC or can I use any PC with a USB port?
Expert:  Randy replied 4 years ago.
Any PC with a USB port and the latest version of iTunes installed. iTunes is a free download.