James, Sr. Smartphone Expert
Experience:  Vast experience supporting and servicing smartphones, including IOS, Symbian and Android.
24111805

How to turn off the proxy server on my iPhone 4?

Customer Question

How to turn off the proxy server on my iPhone 4
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. I look forward to assisting you today with your question and providing the best answer possible.

Hi, can you explain the issue please?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have an iPhone 4 and by accident I turned on the proxy server on my phone and now i have no service at all. I can't make phone calls or use the Internet. So I was wondering how to turn it back off ?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Touch Settings.
Make sure Airplane Mode is Off.
Touch General
Touch Network.
Make sure Cellular Data is On.

That's it.

J.

Remember, if for any reason you are unsatisfied with my answer, we can continue the conversation until you’re satisfied and Accept my answer. I can address follow up questions at no extra charge and I’m always here to help. Thank you for using JustAnswer!
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I checked everything and cellular data is on and under general then tap about... It says that my network is not available

Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

Hold the Power and Home buttons together (Home is the button on the front, with the square), for about 40 seconds, until you see the white Apple logo.

Then let go, and allow the device a minute to reboot. It will then function as usual.

James, Sr. Smartphone Expert
Experience: Vast experience supporting and servicing smartphones, including IOS, Symbian and Android.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I did that twice already. How do I get to the proxy server?
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
There is no proxy server - there is no such thing on the iPhone.

Let's reset the settings. Go to Settings-->General-->Reset

Reset Network Settings.

Let me know what happens please.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ok I just did it and it still says I have no service
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.
Is this a Verizon or ATT phone?

If ATT - which SIM card do you have in the phone? ATT SIM?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have an AT&T iPhone and a ATT SIM
Expert:  James replied 2 years ago.

Let's try the more aggressive approach (which will delete all settings from the phone).

Settings--General--Reset--Reset all Settings.

If this doesn't help, it means the SIM card went bad - you need to pick up a new one at any local ATT store (they won't charge you for it). It is a known issue with some batches of iPhone 4s SIMs, and the only way to solve it is to replace the SIM.