Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

My computer will not recognize my new 4s Iphone. I want to

My computer will not recognize my new 4s Iphone. I want to download my music stored on my Samsung computer. I have I tunes loaded. It will recognize my old phone or other people's I pods but it doesn't recognize my new phone. Can you help? I leave for Europe in 2 hours and would like to download my music.

Thanks,

Dick
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer. My Name is XXXXX XXXXX I look forward to assisting you today with your question.

First, download and install latest iTunes on your computer from here : http://www.apple.com/itunes/download/

Then connect your iPhone to your computer and open iTunes. If that didn't worked, then reset your iPhone by pressing the Power button and Home button of your iPhone until it restarts automatically. Let me know if that didn't worked. Only click Accept after we solved the problem.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I'm not sure what the Home button is on the IPhone. I downloaded the ITUNES but my phone still doesn't pop up on the page to drag and paste the music.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Home button is the round button in the bottom of your iPhone. Did you installed iTunes after downloading it ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX that was the home button. I downloaded it and then it asked to run and I assumed that was the install it took about 4 minutes.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
It seems like you installed it. Reset your iPhone and see if it works or not
Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience: Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I went through installing the itunes now it said I needed to reconfigure my iphone to original state so it is in that process now before I can reinstall the itunes. Crazy.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Wait...wait. Did you reset it while it connected to the computer ? Is your iPhone is showing USB Cable pointing to iTunes?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
YES
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Cancel it. Disconnect your iPhone and reset it without connecting it to computer.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
OK DONE -- what's next?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Does your iPhone booted up normally ? Does iTunes recognize it now ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It currently states it is downloading itunes software for my iphone.

Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Is your iTunes states it is downloading software for your iphone ? Is your iPhone working now ?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
yes and another box says I must restart my system for the configuraiton changes made to itunes to take effect. My iphone is working but if I restart my system I will loose my connection to you.
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
Add a bookmark of this page, so you can get back to me after restart.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Ashik:

The first step of just down loading the new ITunes did not work. What is considered the "Home" button on my IPhone?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
See the picture below;
graphic
You already reset it. You don't need to reset again. Open iTunes on your computer and does your iPhone appears under the Devices list, in left column ?
Expert:  Ashik replied 2 years ago.
See this picture too;
graphic