Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.

My iphone is flashing with the apple symbol and i cannot turn

My iphone is flashing with the apple symbol and i cannot turn on
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 2 years ago.
Hi

Let's connect it to the computer. Wait a couple of minutes.

Now on the phone, press and hold the power button and the hOme button together until you see an apple logo (the phone will turn off and come back on with an apple)

Let me know whether this resolves your issue

Thank you
Vinod
Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience: Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried this and phone turns off apple returns and then resumes flashing every 5 secs still cannot get home page or normal operation
Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPhone. Now, on the iPhone, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec. Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and needs to be restored.

Restore the iPhone now and finally select the option "restore from backup".

Let me know if you have any difficulty.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
tried this but it comes up with error 3194 and the latest version of i tunes is installed
Do you have a different computer? If you do, try restoring from that
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no i dont
Let's then connect th iPhone to a different USB port and try the restore
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
no luck
:(

I would suggest you to try from a different computer (from an internet cafe or a friend's comPuter etc). Or take it into any apple store nearby

If you are not able to restore from a different computer either, the iPhone has to be replaced.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thanks buddy could not have asked for more
You are welcome...:)