Nick H.
Nick H., Phones Specialist
Experience:  SmartPhones Specialist
63271161

The volume on my iphone 4 is extremely low, even though I have

Customer Question

The volume on my iphone 4 is extremely low, even though I have the volume up to the highest setting
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Hello! I am glad to assist.

1. Make sure the screen protector plastic isn't covering the speaker. This cuts your volume in half.

2. Try a hard reset, and see if you have the same issue. Hold down the power button AND the home button below the screen at the same time until the device shuts off and shows the apple logo. After its back on, check your volume again.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I am trying to reset my computer now.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
...The hard reset step was for the iPhone, just to be clear. Nothing you do on your computer will help the iPhone volume. Let me know if you have any luck with the iPhone.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
still no volume! Help
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Make sure your case isn't covering any microphone or speaker. Take a small brush with soft bristles and clean the speaker. Make sure that you're on a call when turning up the volume. If you aren't on a call you're only turning up the ringer volume, not the in-call volume. Make absolutely sure that the plastic film that was used in shipping has been removed.

If you've tried all these steps to no avail, you're looking at hardware failure. Call 800-694-7466 for iPhone Warranty Support.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I still do not have volume on my iphone. I reset the iphone, and I pressed the top and bottom buttons and restarted. But I still don't have volume. The only way I can hear is by putting it on the speaker.
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
If I can't get my volume up, do I still have to pay the $39?
Expert:  Thomas replied 2 years ago.
Let me opt out and see if someone else has any ideas.
Expert:  Nick H. replied 2 years ago.
Hi and welcome to JustAnswer.com.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your issues.

Please reset your iphone settings by go to Settings->General->Reset->Reset all settings. This will only reset the settings. Your DATA will be safe.

Then your iphone will restart and test the volume see if it fixed or not. Thank you.
Nick H., Phones Specialist
Experience: SmartPhones Specialist