Thomas
Thomas, Technician
Experience:  Ready to assist with your Android, Apple, or RIM mobile smartphones
62924203

How can i tell if my iphone, the texts/emails are being monitored

How can i tell if my iphone, the texts/emails are being monitored by someone? my location detection also?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
Hello! I am glad to assist.

Unfortunately, there is no clear cut way to determine if you're being bugged. However, there are several indicators that you need to observe and be aware of.

Step 1: Check battery life

If you've recently noticed a severe drop in battery life, your phone may be in use when you aren't using it. Also check the temperature of the phone. You notice the phone get hot after extended use, see if it ever feels this way when you're not using it.

Step 2: Monitor strange activity

Monitor unusual activity by your phone. If your phone suddenly starts turning on and off by itself, has difficulty shutting down or won’t shut down at all, it might be bugged.

Step 3: Watch for coded text messages

Watch for coded text messages. If you get a text message that seems like data coding, with numbers and symbols instead of words, this could indicate misdirected attempts at data transmission by a third party.

Step 4: Listen for background noise

Listen for background noise when you’re on a call. Echoes, static, or clicking sounds may be caused by line or transmission interference, or by equipment used by someone tapping your call.

Step 5: Pay attention to your phone bill

Inspect your phone bill every month. If it indicates a spike in text or data transmission, someone else may be using it.

If someone has had access to your phone in the past, they could have installed a program named 'mobile spy'. If this is a possibility, reset your iphone to factory and you don't have to worry about this program.

If this answers your question, please click ACCEPT. If not, click REPLY and let's keep working! To work with me in the future, bookmark my website, http://answersbythomas.com. Thanks!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
can my i phone be "hacked" from a distance or does someone have to have hands on ability?
Expert:  Thomas replied 4 years ago.
This depends on who you're talking about. Obviously the FBI can track any phone at any time without access to your phone because they can go through your mobile carrier for the information. If this is a disgruntled friend or ordinary person, they would need access to the phone to install something like mobile spy, which can be removed by restoring to factory.