Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

iPhone 3G is disabled, how do I enable it?

Customer Question

iPhone is disabled. It says, try again in 628818 minutes.

It is a Iphone 3G 16gb

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name is***** hope i can help you.

Put your iPhone to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below;

• Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPhone Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank.

Let me know if that didn't worked..Only click Accept after we solved the problem.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

i want to tell you that you are a genius!!!!!

however, after it looked like it was going to restore then the "iphone is disabled please try again in 628773 minutes" popped back up. i couldn't believe it. now what should we try?

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.

Did you restored your iPhone ? If so, did you set it up as new iPhone or restored from backup?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I clicked on 'Erase all content and settings'

It got hung on the iTunes library page for ringtones and said i needed to sign in eventually it quit.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.

You shouldn't do that. Did you try my suggestion ? Restore from iTunes application from your computer

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No you are right and I did go back and change that entry to RESTORE before entering. I apologize.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Restore you iPhone again and let me know if that didn't worked
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am sorry can you please resend the steps as I reduced the font to an

unreadable state.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Sure. Put your iPhone to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below;
  • Click OK or Restore

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Working on it again

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Great !
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it hasn't come up on the screen yet, so i have rebooted. It still comes up with the disable screen. I will reboot again.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
You probably not doing it correctly. Timing is critical when your put it to DFU Mode. Also do this while your iPhone is connected to your computer and also in DFU Mode, your iPhone will remain blank (doesn't show anything)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

iPhone is out of battery. Sorry, phone has died and is recharging briefly.

Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Keep trying until your iphone tell it finds it in recovery mode
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Unable to resolve the problem with the iPhone. The iPhone just went blank and had zero response. I have taken the apple store for repair.