Ashik, Smartphone Tech
Experience:  Experience with iPhone and other Smartphones
16433418

How to enable an iPhone 3Gs, blocked due to wrong passcode?

Customer Question

How to enable an iPhone 3Gs, blocked due to wrong passcode too many times?

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Hi My name is***** hope i can help you.

Put your iPhone to DFU (Device Firmware Upgrade) Mode and restore it from iTunes. Follow the steps below;

• Connect the iPhone to your computer with the USB Cable.
  • Open iTunes application on your computer
  • On your iPhone Press and hold the Home button and the Sleep/Wake button at the same time.
  • After exactly 8 seconds release the Sleep/Wake button. Continue holding the home button until your iTunes shows a message telling you that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode.
  • Click OK or Restore

Note : Put it to DFU Mode while connected to computer and also in DFU Mode your iPhone will remain blank.

Let me know if that didn't worked..Only click Accept after we solved the problem.

Best Regards,

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I tried your suggestion; however, I was not able to reset the phone. I think there is more wrong with the phone that I previously thought and will have to take it in to an apple store. Thanks for trying to help.
Expert:  Ashik replied 4 years ago.
Make sure you are trying it correctly and it should work fine. It will take time to get it to DFU Mode. Repeat the steps and see if it works or not