Vinod Menon , Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

I locked myself out of my iphone accidentally

Customer Question

I locked myself out of my iphone accidentally...how do i get back in?

Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 4 years ago.

Did you mean your iPhone is disabled? Or does it have a passcode to get into the home page of the phone, which you forgot?

I am waiting for your response. Only after we understand your issue, we can start with the troubleshooting.

Your question just say that you have locked out of the phone. Do you mean your iphone is disabled, or that you are locked out of the itunes store - and so on. So if you can explain me what the issue is, I can give you the correct troubleshooting steps

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i changed the passcode and forgot what i changed it to. I attempted several times, but my phone is now disabled. I am unable to get past the disable feature to get back into my phone.
Thank you for the info
Unfortunately, we need to restore it
Open iTunes in the computer and connect the iPhone. Now, on the iPhone, press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo. The very moment you see the apple, let go off the power button, but keep on holding the home button for another 10-15 sec. Your computer should now give a message that it has detected an iPhone in recovery mode and needs to be restored.
Restore the iPhone now and finally select the option "set up as a new iPhone".
Let me know if you have any difficulty.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my computer says to insert the cd to run the recovery mode. My phone did not come with any cd's. Is there somewhere that i can download the program to run in recovery mode

You may not be having iTunes installed.
Download iTunes from
www.apple.com/itunes/download
Then try the recovery mode method.