Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Smartphone Engineer
Experience:  Smartphone Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

9360 error 513 how to fix it

Customer Question

9360 error 513 how to fix it
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 2 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Sounds like you have a bricked BlackBerry. Here is how to reload the software.

Remove your battery and then put it back in. Boot up your Blackberry and try the update again.

If you get an error or your Blackberry does not boot up, please do the following method to unbrick your Blackberry.

***THIS METHOD WILL WIPE ALL INFORMATION ON THE BACKUP.***

Be sure that you have the following:
  • Your Blackberry.
  • Blackberry USB cable.
  • Windows (XP/Vista/7) based machine.
  • Blackberry Desktop Manager (provided by your cell carrier) installed.
  • Blackberry OS provided by your cell carrier.
Now you are ready.

Leave your Blackberry disconnected. Open My Computer (or Start -> Programs -> Accessories -> Windows Explorer) and navigate to C:\Program Files\Common Files\Research In Motion\ and right click on AppLoader.exe and select Run As Administrator (if you have a 64-bit OS, go to the C:\Program Files (x86)\... path).

Once you have AppLoader opened, connect your Blackberry to the USB and then plug the USB into your computer.

Watch for the screen to switch to USB-PIN:UNKNOWN or USB-PIN:XXXXXXXX (the X's being your pin number). When you see it, click Next immediately. This will put the OS in reload mode. If you miss the USB-PIN option, unplug, remove the battery, replace the battery, and try again.

Now the OS will be reloaded. Now you can select the application you want on your Blackberry and then click Next. Now the installation will start.

Once you get the The loading operation was successful screen, the phone will reboot itself. When it does, disconnect the USB cable from the phone.

The reboot will take around 15-20 minutes, be patience.

Once it boots up, you are ready to go.

Other methods are described here to repair this issue if the above doesn't work (http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/search.do?cmd=displayKC&docType=kc&externalId=KB11320).

Feel free to ask any questions, as I am here to assist you.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have only app loader without exe
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 2 years ago.
That is same thing. Use that one.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It doesn't work the both
Expert:  replied 2 years ago.
If the above does not work, then you have motherboard failure. You will need to either get your BlackBerry serviced at a retail location of your cell phone service provider or you can see if a local computer repair shop can replace the motherboard for you.

A 9630 motherboard runs between $100-200 and the labor for install should be around $45-90.

So, if the software fix above does not work, the only option is to replace the motherboard or get the device replaced.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Mr. Clark, Smartphone Engineer
Experience: Smartphone Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree