Vinod Menon, Customer Service
Experience:  Experience in supporting and using smartphones.
51110040

my iphone 4 keeps going to voice control, and my button will

my iphone 4 keeps going to voice control, and my button will not return me to the home screen. it just keeps locked into whatever app i am in. any ideas?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Vinod Menon replied 4 years ago.
Hi

Let's try a reset first. Press and hold the power button and the home button together until you see an apple logo.

If that does not resolve the issue, go to settings - general - accesibility - voice over and turn it off.

Let me know whether this resolves the issue

Thank you
Vinod
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
the voice over was already turned off. and i am still having an issue with my home button not returning me to the home screen.
Then it could be a physical damage on the home button. We're you able to reset the iPhone by pressing and holdin the power button and home button together until you see an apple logo?

If not, try restoring the iPhone from iTunes in the computer.

If that too does not help, you will have to get it repaired/replaced. You need to either take it to an apple store nearby or call apple care
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
i hold it until the logo comes on, but, the phone never really eems to shut all the way off. it was working fine one minute, then, this started to happen. i will try reset from my computer.
Yes try a restore from the computer.