Shaheen
Shaheen, Technician
Experience:  Chief Technical Officer for 2+ years

How do i transfer contacts from nokia to samsung galaxy

Customer Question

How do i transfer contacts from nokia E 90 to samsung galaxy using the nokia pc suite
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am happy to assist you with this.

The easy way is to transfer via bluetooth. See the below video..

In the above video, the phones are different from yours. But the directions are almost the same. Do let me know, if you have any doubts. I would be happy to explain...

Feel free to ask, if you have any queries. I would be happy to help you.

Else if that answered your query, kindly click 'Accept', as thats the only way I get paid for assisting you.

Kindly let me know, if you have any concerns or further questions on the topic, before leaving neutral/negative feedback. It will be a pleasure to assist you in anyway possible. Your satisfaction is most important.

Bonus payments and positive feedback are very valuable and highly appreciated.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It does not work with bluetooth because the devices are not supported
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
Were you able to see the video?

If not, click here

If yes, let me know the error message shown when you did as per the video.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have seen the video with N95 but my question once again is "How do i transfer contacts from nokia E 90 to samsung galaxy". You are yet to provide an answer please.
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
Okay.

Turn bluetooth 'on' on each of the device.

1. In E90 open contacts
  2. then in options select/mark all
  3. then in options 'send to' via bluetooth.
  4. In the device search your Samsung Galaxy will appear.
  5. Select that and sending will start.
  6. After sending is complete you can see the contacts in Galaxy Contacts list.

Let me know if you face any difficulty in any of the above steps...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have done so again and after the bluetooth option is selectedby sending through business card and it will converts business cards for sending and it will stop with the message"contact memory is full" and that will terminate the process
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
Is there free space available on E90's internal memory?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

I have memory card with enough space not too sure of the internal memory card. How Do I transfer contacts without sending it though the business card.

Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
Transferring via bluetooth was the easiest way.

Anyways we will take the other way now.

Do you have contacts in E90 in your Nokia PC suite (on computer) now?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have contacts on my pc suite
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
  1. Select all Contacts, then proceed to click on File, Export and then save it in a CSV format on the desktop.
  2. Connect your Samsung Galaxy phone to computer via USB and need to Open Kies.
  3. After clicking on the Contacts icon, you will find a new page as shown below, just click on Open File
  4. Now, select the CSV File from the list below which you have saved from the Nokia PC suite
  5. Once you select the CSV file, you will be asked to map the fields. Please note that Map the same fields like for Title, map only with Title, First name for First name and like wise. If you are unsure then its better to leave the option rather than selecting anything as that will basically mess up the contacts.
  6. Now, Click on OK and you can now see a list of all your contacts. Just click on Transfer to Device tab and now you should be able to transfer all your imported contacts in to the Samsung Galaxy

--

Kindly let me know if it didn't work out, or if you need any further information.

Else if it worked, kindly click 'Accept', so that I will be paid for assisting you.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On clicking on file, there is no option of export except create a contact, save contact and exit. I'm not able to export.
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
Did you select the contacts shown in PC Suite before clicking 'File'?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Yes all selected from the edit option
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
I think you are using a different version, which doesn't support exporting. Do you have the CD that came with the phone?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I don't have it
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
Thanks for the reply.

How many contacts do you have in your E90?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
1531 contacts
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
Thanks again.

You could try transferring 500 contacts at a time via bluetooth. That should solve your memory full problem. Moreover, if you don't need the messages in the E90, then deleting the existing messages will add more free memory.

Otherwise, do you have Microsoft Outlook?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have microsoft outlook
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I have deleted all messages yet it's not possible to convert business card for Bluetooth transfer. Transferring 500 iis more difficult than entering the numbers or contact manually into the galaxy II
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
In Nokia PC Suite, go to Tools > Options > Contacts > Select Sync with contacts application ( outlook )

Then open Microsoft Outlook > Contacts > File > Import/Export > Outlook > Export to a File > Comma Separated Values ( Windows ) > Contacts > Select where to save CVS file

Now open Kies. There you can see an option to sync with outlook in the 'Sync' tab.

There will be slight differences in each version of PC Suite and Kies. Do let me know if you face any difficulties...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I cannot find any link to the suite contact. My pc suite version is 3.2
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
Just the press red marked button on the Nokia Suite Window shown below.

graphic

Or you can try a previous version of Nokia PC Suite, ver 7.1 here after uninstalling Nokia Suite 3.2. ver 7.1 has the 'export to .csv' option.

Let me know which way you would like to proceed...
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
It has not worked yet but I will try once more later today again please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There is no tools in ver 7.1. So how do I proceed
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
In ver 7.1 do as follows

Do let me know if you face any difficulties...

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
No page is shown below as mentioned above. Besides, I have issues with kies and will need a full guide as well please.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I get a message that kies installation cannot be run by directly launching the MSI package.. How do I run the setup.exe
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
You mean you were not able to see the contacts list in the PC Suite?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I saw the contact list and even downloaded on my desktop and it appeared in an excel format
Expert:  Shaheen replied 2 years ago.
Download Kies for Windows from here

Install that and let me know if you face any difficulties. I will be here to help you..