Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark , Smartphone Engineer
Experience:  Smartphone Repair Business Owner & CIS Degree
40218039

How to unlock iphone 4 located with Find My iPhone app?

How to unlock my found iphone 4 after locating with "find my phone" app?
Category: Smartphones
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 4 years ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer.

Did you lock it from the "Find My iPhone" app? If so, you will need to use that passcode that was entering from the app to lock it.

If that does not work, or you do not remember the passcode, the only option will be to wipe the device and start over from scratch. There are no other options.

How to Perform a DFU Restore (which is significantly different from a standard restore):

First, with your iPhone is plugged in to your computer, hold the Home and Power until your iPhone powers down, continue holding Home and Power for a full 4 seconds.

If you are having trouble with this, please refer to the video below for assistance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofpinyGlQ8I

Release the Power while still holding the Home key until iTunes tells you the iPhone is in recovery (your iPhone screen will be black, but it is on) and then doing the restore to latest firmware.

After the restore, when prompted, select Setup New iPhone (not Backup From Restore). From there, you will need to resync any apps, music, and videos to your iPhone from iTunes.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I lost data stored on the iPhone...all Reminders data, and one month of Memento data.
How can I get this back? The Reminders apparently do not sync with my computer which is OS5.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Correction my Mac operating system OS 10.6.8, my phone is OS5
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 4 years ago.
You can see if a restore to a recent backup will recover the missing information.

Open iTunes, attach your iPhone, right click on the iPhone icon in the left column of iTunes and select Restore From Backup.

Select the most recent backup and restore.

Your iPhone will restore and then reboot.

Upon restore see if the missing information is present that were missing.

If the missing information are not on the backup you selected, select a different backup.

If either no backups are available or none of the backups have your missing information, there is no way to recover the information.

Update me on the results.