Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

We have a simplicity regent 14 hp riding mower. it has a

Customer Question

we have a simplicity regent 14 hp riding mower. it has a transmission lever to push in out so we can push it around. well the lever is pulled out beyond the normal stop and will not push back in at all..
JA: What's the make and model of the mower? And can you guesstimate how old it is?
Customer: simplicity regent 14 hp 38 inch cut model number cv14s its orange
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: we have no manual
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 days ago.

Welcome to JUST ANSWER small engines, let me try to help you !! I don't know it all, but maybe together we can get you a satisfactory answer!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 6 days ago.

Sorry for the late response, I have been out of town for a few days! But see link nelow. # 31 is the release rod. you need t get to the lever on top of the transmission , that rod attaches to, usually the lever sticks from lack of use, use some penetrating oil and work the lever back and forth using a crescent wrench or other tool to move it. Free it up, and that should get transmission back into gear!

Expert:  Curtis B. replied 2 day ago.

I see question is sill open, did you see my response/