JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

My Husqvarna riding lawn mower model # 96043017700 will not

Customer Question

My Husqvarna riding lawn mower model #***********will not start and it has the smart Ign switch which is suppose to light up before starting and it doesn't light at all.
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes I have a full tank!
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: If Possible
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I washed the mower yesterday and it started right up after I washed it to move it and then it wouldn't start after that at all, it just won't turn over at all.
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 8 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 8 days ago.

See video in link provided: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tfa2xNX0mTs

this will reset your switch. If it doesn't work, the switch will need to be replaced with new one

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
the engine does not turn over period and I just paid $5.00 to get an answer and then got a page wanting me to join before getting an answer.
Expert:  JON replied 8 days ago.

Are the lights lighting up on the switch when it is pressed? You do not need to join anything, we can fix this right here

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
No I'm not paying anymore in order to get info about my lawn mower, I'll be contacting the Better Business Bur. Credit my card back of $5.00.
Expert:  JON replied 8 days ago.

If no lights are lighting up, disconnect the plug on the switch and clean out, then retry, if still no lights, the switch has shorted out. If you have lights, follow the link provided before and reset the code