Donald
Donald, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  I have 25+ years of experience repairing 2 & 4 cycle engines
72377906

My husband has a zt 7000. He mowed our yard turning the

Customer Question

My husband has a zt 7000. He mowed our yard turning the mower off n on again several times n everything was fine. He turned it off the last time to do some other things n it won't start back. It turns over but won't start. What could be wrong
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: Yes to all.
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: He put fresh gas in mower before he mowed n after we raised the seat to get the model n serial number
Submitted: 9 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Donald replied 9 days ago.

Hello. Thank you for choosing Just Answer. My name is***** will be happy to assist you.

Expert:  Donald replied 9 days ago.

You and I need to determine if our problem is fuel related, or if it is ignition related. If you have some carburetor cleaner in a can, spray a small burst directly into your carburetor, to see if your engine will start up and run briefly.

Expert:  Donald replied 9 days ago.

If your engine starts up and runs briefly, we will focus on your carburetor. If your engine does not start up after using the carburetor cleaner, we will focus on your ignition.

Expert:  Donald replied 9 days ago.

You and I can continue from here. Thanks again!

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
Ok he will try that today n I'll let u kno how it goes. If there would be any way u could text him due to me being at work.(###) ###-####that would be awesome
Expert:  Donald replied 9 days ago.

Thanks for letting me know. This will give us a good starting point for troubleshooting.