Pete, Technician
Experience:  17 years automotive training and experience.
14928985

Just had spring tuneup an old problem still there. 25 hp on

Customer Question

Just had spring tuneup an old problem still there . 25 hp on cub cadet RZTS NEW LAST SPRING. SIT AT 1/4 RPM SOUNDS GOOD, AT MOWING RPM CUTS OUT AND DIES 75 %. Is real problem for me . Bill
JA: I'll do all I can to help. How long have you been dealing with this?
Customer: Just back from dealer last evening
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: Yes if I don't have to open up engine
JA: Can you guesstimate how old the engine is? And has it done anything like this in the past?
Customer: One year old acted up late last year again yesterday evening and today
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: I took it back to dealer this am turned up RPM , mowed some thick but short grass
Submitted: 13 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Pete replied 13 days ago.

My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.My info is somewhat limited on your model here but I had seen no one else has responded and would like to see if I can help here.If at any time you feel that I cannot help with this please let me know.

This issue here may be due to a lack of fuel to the engine itself.If there is a damaged or restricted fuel line or fuel filter this will cause this fault here.If you have not had the fuel system tested at all this should be done to see if a fault is found needing repaired or replaced to resolve this issue here.If this is or was checked into and found to be o.k. let me know so we can continue.

If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service,your 5 star rating is appreciated.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.

Thanks Pete