JON
JON, Small Engine Technician
Experience:  Husqvarna Service Tech
94737911

I have a 2013 briggs and stgratton lawn mower 7.25 hp front

Customer Question

I have a 2013 briggs and stgratton lawn mower 7.25 hp front wheel drive and when I try to start it a just back fires I chg oil air filter spark plug and also new gas and cleaned carb but will not start
JA: Do you have fuel in the tank? If so, is the shut-off valve open and the fuel clean?
Customer: yes flush the tank and new fuel can not see shut off valve any where on this new engine
JA: Do you plan on doing the work yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Anything else we should know to help you best?
Customer: what else can I try
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 10 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 10 days ago.

With a backfire, I would suggest check the flywheel key as this controls the timing of the mower. A backfire is normally a timing issue.

Let me know if you need anything else as I am here for you. Please remember to RATE me as I strive to be the BEST, ***** ***** ratings help me to achieve this. 5 STAR RATING IS MY GOAL