Curtis B.
Curtis B., Technician
Experience:  have worked on and around most engine models for 35 yrs./Polaris ATV expert
30244710

900 RTV 2012 model year moves forward when shifter is in

Customer Question

900 RTV 2012 model year moves forward when shifter is in reverse position
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  JON replied 10 days ago.

Hi, my name is ***** ***** me review the issue, and I will be more than happy to help resolve it as quickly as possible.

Expert:  JON replied 10 days ago.

Check the little allen bolt that pinches the flat arm on top of the black control valve. IN short make sure the control linkage is not slipping at the servo regulating valve.
If it has slipped it will throw you out of wack. Jack up the tires, disconnect the control rod to the regulator arm. Fire it up and make sure it won't roll off jack, and release P brake. Then put in gear and see if it is in neutral, play with the control lever forward and back the let it come to a rest. It should be in a neutral state. Now if the control rod wont hook back up with out pulling the lever, it has probably slipped. Just loosen the allen pinch bolt and set back to the point it lines up with the control rod swivel bolt. as long as the control rod hasn't been messed with it should be fine. Tighten it back down with everything neutral and idling. Double check. If this is not the case you have another linkage problem or the servo piston or swash plate sticking. and thats not good.

Customer: replied 9 days ago.
waiting for chat call I paid for
Expert:  JON replied 9 days ago.

there was no call request on this