Dan, Technician
Experience:  17+ yrs. shop and field experience with all major brands of heavy equipment, trucks and small engine diagnostics and repair - 1995 WyoTech graduate.
65405794

I have a Deere 855d and it is hard to shift and the shiter

Customer Question

Hi, I am Mark Lenz and I have a John Deere 855d and it is hard to shift and the shiter nob wont line up with the indicator plate.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Heavy Equipment Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts.
Customer: ok thanks
JA: Are you fixing this yourself? What have you tried so far?
Customer: NO I have just looked at it. I can't tell what may be wrong. I have had it less than a year.
JA: Anything else you want the agriculture mechanic to know before I connect you?
Customer: no
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: Small Engine
Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

Hi Mark, My name is***** will be glad to try to help. First check for worn linkage that would cause excessive play. If still tight but out of line it could have gotten bent over time. Check for bent or damaged linkage as well. Let me know

Expert:  Dan replied 1 month ago.

click on this link to access the operation and maintenance manual

Maintenance